The 20th Annual Texas Plant Protection Conference will be at the Hilton Inn & Conference Center in College Station, TX on December 3 & 4, 2008. The Conference is sponsored by the Texas Plant Protection Association (TPPA).
Ray Smith, TPPA Board Chairman explained, "We have an outstanding program that is both informational and educational. This conference gives the opportunity for all involved in production agriculture to keep up to date on the latest trends and changes. The opportunities to network with agricultural leaders are boundless.”
The opening morning General Session will include:
• Dr. Outlaw & Dr. Robinson, with Texas AgriLife Extension on the economics of Bio-Fuel production.
• Dr. Jeff Steiner, USDA, Washington, DC with information on federal research on Bio-Fuels and agriculture.
• David Agneta, Verenium Corp, Boston, MA on industry perspective and global markets for Bio-Fuels.
• Toby Hlavinka, Helena Chemical Co. with information on supply and price outlook for fertilizer.
• Keertie Rathore, Texas A & M with an update on Gossypol cotton.
The balance of the program includes more than 33 presentations by agricultural research scientists and industry experts. These presentations will feature the most up-to-date information on Texas crop production. Program topics are divided into the following sessions: Future Technology & New Chemistry, Water Management, Cotton, Grain, Soybeans & Rice, Fertilizer, and Pasture & Rangeland.
Continuing Education Credits (CEU's) will be offered for Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) Commercial Pesticide Applicator License and for Certified Crop Advisers (CCA).