The Rolling Plains Wheat Conference conducted by the Texas AgriLife Extension Service, is set for 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Aug. 6 in the Multi-Purpose Events Center Seminar Room in Wichita Falls.
Todd Staples, Texas agriculture commissioner, is the scheduled keynote speaker. Staples will address the state’s agricultural policy and give an update on current agricultural issues that may affect producers.
Other topics and presenters include:
– Soil Fertility and Economics of Fertilizer; Dr. Robert Lemon, AgriLife Extension agronomist, College Station.
– Why Don’t We Have Genetic Modified Organisms in Wheat?; Dr. Art Klatt, professor, plant breeding, Oklahoma State University.
– Weed and Disease Management and 2008 Wheat Variety Results; Dr. Todd Baughman, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Vernon.
– Marketing Grain in Turbulent Times, Darrell Holiday; Advanced Marketing Concepts, Manhattan, Kansas.
– Grain vs Grazing-What’s The Economic Truth?; Stan Bevers, AgriLife Extension economist, Vernon.
Hosts for the event are the AgriLife Extension offices in Wichita, Wilbarger, Archer and Clay counties.
Individual pre-registration which includes a noon meal, is $15 by Aug. 1 and $20 thereafter.
For more information contact Dabovich at 940-716-8610.