There will be two public meetings to discuss the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Agricultural Biotechnology Education and Outreach Initiative. This initiative calls for the FDA to work with USDA to provide education and outreach to the public on agricultural biotechnology and food and animal feed ingredients derived from biotechnology.
The purpose of the meetings is to provide the public an opportunity to share information, experiences, and suggestions to help inform the development of this education and outreach initiative.
The FDA is also accepting public comments on questions listed in the Federal Register Notice. Comments may be submitted through Nov. 17, 2017.
Participation is available in-person or by webcast. The public meetings will be held on:
- Nov. 7, 2017 - The Omni Charlotte, 132 East Trade St., Charlotte, N.C. 28202. The deadline to submit requests to make an oral presentation has passed. The deadline for advance registration is Oct. 30, 2017.
- Nov. 14, 2017 - The San Francisco Marriott Marquis, 780 Mission St., San Francisco, California 94103. The deadline to submit requests to make oral presentations is Oct. 27, 2017, and the deadline for advance registration is Nov. 6, 2017.
Use the following links to view associated documents, register to attend and submit a public comment:
- Federal Register Notice
- Make a Public Comment (Submit on or before Nov. 17, 2017)
- Agricultural Biotechnology Education and Outreach Initiative
- Appropriations Language on the Initiative
Source: USDA APHIS