For the past 24 years, the Texas plant Protection Association annual conference has been the premier Texas Crop Conference, drawing interest from all involved in crop production. The two-day conference, scheduled Dec. 6 and 7 in the Brazos center in Bryan, Texas, features the most up to date crop protection information available from university researchers and by industry leaders.
The conference covers Texas’ major crops (cotton, grain, horticulture and turf and pastures/rangeland) and includes sessions on fertility, crop and water management, laws and regulations and future technology and chemistry.
Attendees may earn CCA & TDA CEUs and have a great opportunity for networking with others involved in crop production.
Other conference activities include the Pest ID Contest, Poster Section, awards luncheon and many industry exhibits and displays.
2012 program highlights include:
- International Trade Impact on Texas Agriculture--Dr. Parr Rosson, Department Head, Professor and Extension Economist, Texas A&M University
- Ag Communications Now and In The Future--Blair Fannin, Media Relations Specialist, Texas A&M AgriLife Communications; and Ron Smith, Editor, Southwest Farm Press
- Preparing the Next Generation of Ag Professionals--Dr. Kerry K. Litzenberg, Regents Professor, Texas A&M University; and Debra Pickett, Manager Sales & Market Effectiveness, BASF Corporation
- Update of the New Farm Bill--George Caldwell, Associate Director Commodity & Regulatory Activities, Texas Farm Bureau
- Environmentally Responsible Solutions to Crop Protection Product Container Disposal Problems--Richard Marburger, Marketing Director, US Ag Recycling
Sponsors and exhibitors support the Texas Plant Protection Conference and receive inexpensive advertising and will be noted in the Conference Program. For information on becoming a sponsor or exhibitor pleaseclick on the TPPA website to sign up on line.
Southwest Farm Press is a co-sponsor of the 2012 Texas Plant Protection Conference.
The Texas Plant Protection Conference is attended by:
- Crop Input Dealers, Distributors & Manufacturers
- Crop Consultants
- Farmers & Farm Managers
- University Research & Extension Personnel
- Government Officials
- Farm Press
Register online or by mail, discover local attractions, get hotel information and more at the TPPA 2012 Conference page.