Abilene’s annual Texas Farm, Ranch, Wildlife Expo is set for Feb. 24-25 on the grounds of the Taylor County Expo Center, located at 1700 State Highway 36.
Show hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Feb. 24 and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Feb. 25.
The event is sponsored by the Abilene Chamber of Commerce and Texas AgriLife Extension Service.
The show features educational seminars, equipment exhibits, product demonstrations, the Town and Country Women's Fair, the Rolling Plains Cotton Growers Association’s annual meeting and the Abilene Chamber of Commerce’s annual membership luncheon.
The highlight of the luncheon will be the naming of the Taylor County Farm Family of the Year.
Nineteen Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units are offered during the educational seminars. The following is a schedule of events for the two days: Feb. 24
- 8 a.m., Big Country Range Management, Extension Classroom.
- 9 a.m., Women's Fair, Modern Living Mall.
- 10 a.m., Rolling Plains Cotton Growers Association annual meeting and membership luncheon, Big Country Hall.
- 1 p.m., cotton production outlook seminar, Big Country Hall.
- 1 p.m ., white-tailed deer seminar, Western Heritage Ranch House.
- 8 a.m., Texas Department of Agriculture re-certification course, Big Country Hall.
- 8 a.m., Small-acreage landowner seminar, Extension Classroom.
- 8 a.m., Tools V – Fire as a Tool for Managing Range, Livestock and Wildlife seminar, Western Heritage Ranch House.
- noon, Chamber of commerce luncheon, Big Country Hall. The keynote speaker will be Tom Sell. Sell is the former deputy staff director for the House Agriculture Committee and currently an associate of Combest, Sell and Associates of Lubbock.
- 1 p.m., Improved Pasture Management, Big Country Hall.
The seminars are free to the public with the exception of “Tools V – Fire as a Tool for Managing Range, Livestock and Wildlife” and the “Small Acreage Landowner Seminar,” which have individual registrations of $25 by Feb. 19 and $35 thereafter.
Tickets for the chamber of commerce luncheon are available at the Abilene Chamber of Commerce, 325-677-7241, for $15.
For more information contact the AgriLife Extension office in Taylor County at 325-672-6048.